Hallelujah, here is to 12 years of every day being happier or more Joyful than the last. Since having been baptized in water in 27 Feb 2006, as Ron Sheryl Hoak recommended and then a retreat that dad here Roger L. Cowan recommended in March where i recognized God is fully more in control of my life than i am and i am clay in His hands, and through Jesus Christ we can trust in Him that He will develop us to succeed at doing His will which is good, pleasing and perfect, and He will perfect the good work He started in us. Yes we have to do God’s will, and if we truly believe in Jesus Christ as He is in the Bible ( and we should test ourselves that we do), God will make sure we will do this through His Holy Spirit even though we may be fools as in Isaiah 35:8. In essence God’s will is trusting in Jesus and loving one another in the way that is modeled in Jesus Christ and followed by His apostles (see 1st Corinthians 4:8-16),
8 Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! Without us you have become kings! And would that you did reign, so that we might share the rule with you! 9 For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death, because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men. 10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. 11 To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless, 12 and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; 13 when slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things.
14 I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. 15 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. 16 I urge you, then, be imitators of me.
1Cor11:1 imitate me then as i imitate Jesus Christ
Still the root of this is that we love one another even as God loved us through Christ, and through faith in Christ we can do this, as He edifies us in God’s Love. In Jesus is where we find fullness of Joy, and we can ask things in His name and He does them, He does more than eye has seen or ear heard or person thought of, far more than we can ask or imagine is what He has in store for those who love Him. And while in Christ there are miracles, Love is the ultimate way is what i see in 1 Corinthias 12:31 & 13. And though we are disciplined (and what Loving Father doesn’t discipline His children) God does it so we can share in His Holiness. God is Love, and He is Holy, Holy, Holy. A holiness which is also rooted in Love as i understand 1Thes3:12,13, that we be blamelessly practicing love.
A Father who doesn’t discipline his children hates them, and instead it is the devil that encourages us into destructive actions, he came to steal kill and destroy, but Jesus that we have life. Though when we are disciplined it is uncomfortable, we will have a crop of peace, and righteousness, far better than the military of the earth would provide is that provided by the army of light. We can even consider our trials the purest of Joys, because they develop patience, which is the first thing mentioned about Love in 1st Corinthians 13, and patience must finish its work so we can be perfect, lacking in nothing. We are really quite happy with Jesus Christ, come in the flesh.
As the scriptures foretold from millennia before, He was born of a blessed and imperfect like us all Virgin, conceived by the perfect Holy Spirit, led a blameless life serving us to the end, and did and still does many miracles to testify to Him and still serves us interceding for us in Heaven. He was crucified, died and tasted death for all who believe, for we will never taste death, and buried. He did so because without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins, it says in Leviticus 17:11, Hebrews 9:22. The blood of flawed animals would never purchase eternal life for us. He died on a cross taking away our curse and He resurrected on the third day by the power of God, of true Love, and Jesus is seated now as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, the name above all names.
Jesus preached that we repent and Believe in the good news of God and be baptized for the remission of sins. Forgive others and be forgiven by the power of God, and may we all be turning from darkness to light, forsaking our dead works and may we find rest in Christ. All things in Jesus name for there is no other way to the Father but through Him. We can cast our burdens and cares on Him for He cares for us, and rest and learn from Him at His feet and He will move all things around us until we are ready; for few and indeed only one thing is needed, and He is the treasure in the field worth giving up all for – and we can only receive this treasure if we do so, so may we fear God all day long and be wise and not fear man, may we become like little children, and while caring for orphans and widows in their distress forsake our friendship with the world. Friendship with the world including the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, the pride in posessions and the vanities of this life which causes us to harbor enmity to the Holiest of Holies. His enemies shall be cast into a lake of fire that burns forever and ever, and will never be quenched. Through Christ alone can we avoid this, and it is given to us to live once and then face judgement, a judgment which we have all failed when measured against the goodness of God, but by the sacrifice of Christ.
And Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it – from 1thes5:23,24, and many other verses too, to God be the glory and all things in Jesus His only begotten Son’s name
God be praised, i was made a comment regarding The Washington Supreme Court obligates a Christian Florist to Serve a ‘Gay Wedding’ by my dearly beloved friend Hannah. She had said it was wrong for the lady who had refused decorating flowers for a ‘gay couple’ flowers because it was unkind and it was based on law and not on grace. I do want to mention the florist (Arlene ) had served them 9 years (i would say lovingly if they had been customers for so long) but decided to not do so for their ‘wedding’. I think might be true that it is based on law and not on some forms of grace, but the questions are: is being based on law in this case wrong, as we are subject to the law of Christ ( 1 Corinthians 9:21 ), and sin is lawlessness (1 John 3:4 , 2 Peter 3:17 ); and would selling them flowers in this case be based on the true grace of God (1 Peter 5:12 ) or on a perversion of that grace ( Jude 1:4 ).
Another question that could arise is regarding that of conscience ( Romans 14: 15,23 ). I would not agree with the Washington Supreme court that: if flowers were provided for a wedding of Atheists is the same as a wedding provided for a homosexual couple, as she would be promoting marriage in the atheist case, and it is a good thing that people marry, to help not fornicate, and her kindness in this case would counter atheism in showing them love. But in the case of a ‘wedding’ between a homosexual couple (which no such thing exists before the Lord, He told me) i see that she would be co-participating with the very act of perversion ( Ephesians 5:11,12, 1 Timothy 5:22 ). She would be doing this with prior foreknowledge in i think a similar way that if someone could eat meat until someone mentions it was sacrificed to idols (1 Corinthians 10:28, 29 ). I do not believe we should ‘witch hunt’ and make sure what we create is not used wrongly. Love always trusts/believes ( 1 Corinthians 13:7 ).
As a difference however, in this case it would also guard the conscience of oneself because though an idol in itself is nothing (1 Corinthians 8:4 ) , ( Though we should stay away from idols anyways 1 John 5:21 ), but un-repented actively homosexual relationships are something grave to the point of inhibiting entrance to Heaven even if belief in Jesus is claimed ( 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ). This seems to be the point of the movie “Audacity“, that sometimes what seems outwardly like unkindness is what is best and most loving in order to save a person ( Proverbs 28:23 ). Please feel free to read the book and context of 1st Peter. I understand it is directed to Christians who have had their possessions and businesses taken away, like in Hebrews 10:34, due to their acts of conscience and faith. This is quite similar to Arlene’s situation.
Let me know what you think in the comments section please. One could argue for example if a soldier forces you to go one mile and you are against war is it still better to go two, which most theologians i have heard, say is the context of the command? I think a difference is The Bible never tells a soldier/police to stop being one, as in Romans 13, or Matthew 8:5-13. But i think it dissuades against violence in a somehow similar way it dissuades against slavery. I hope this all makes sense. May God help me be sober, guide us and bless Arlene, readers and all involved in Jesus name.
Barronelle Stutzman, also known as the “Christian grandma florist,” is now asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear her appeal to reverse a Washington court’s decision earlier this year that found her guilty of discrimination for refusing to provide flowers for a gay wedding.
(Written below is an example of trying to spread the good news via forms that companies have available, this one at https://www.headandshoulders.com/en-us/contact-us )
God is good, good afternoon and God guide us and bless you i hope you are doing well. First i want to write my testimony that God has been good to me!
Second i had run out of shampoo and being rather poor as i am looking for work to help my dearly beloved wife by faith (a result of a prophecy by the way, and like with the Israelites fighting for the promised land i am encouraged to fight to be with this beautiful lady! 😀 Also i have a trade in programming, 3D, web development if you know of anything) found an old container of H&S that i started using a few months ago, and has been working well… a couple of weeks ago after looking at the label and found it had expired in 2011 i thought it would be neat to tell you it seems to work well! You can see the attached photos,
but still i am wondering this is a problem? At one point i ate 4-year-old expired chocolate flavored wheat meal because that seems to be what Joseph did in Egypt and it was just fine.
I want also to give my testimony that a friend of mine Alan Faryna had a bald spot on his head about 3 years ago, we started praying for it, and in the visible he also bought some H&S specifically for baldness and after a few months the bald spot was gone, i haven’t seen him in about a year now but its a neat story. Jesus is right when He said ‘asking anything believing’ or ‘ask anything in my name’ or ‘if you agree with another believer while asking’ or ‘if you ask anything according to God’s will’ you shall have it, and He is glorified in it, let us just take care to not ask according to our bad selfish desires.
Anyways i do highly want to recommend turning to Jesus now, so many crazy things going on in the world, for example among many things you can see in Revelations 16 that the Euphrates will dry up, and look at it now. It’s good to turn early in our youth, however God is so kind … i remember when Steve Jobs passed away i said “LORD Why didn’t you tell me it was so soon i would have prayed more for his salvation!” Then i saw a vision of Jesus appearing before Steve jobs “Do you believe in me now steve?” a few weeks later i came across http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/opinion/mona-simpsons-eulogy-for-steve-jobs.html please read the Eulogy written by his sister of his adoptive parents (Orphans are so cool!)… and if you have work let me know as i can forward more information, i have worked on websites like 123teachme.com (Se habla Español tambien!) in rails, 200 unit ECS projects in Amazon and would also like to recommend http://audacitymovie.com to you, a great movie, 50 minutes and free. I have a neat story about the movie there i would like to tell you some day.
Alright God guide us, bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, lift His countenance kindly upon you and give you peace, help all authorities on earth and send workers to His harvest in Jesus name
God be praised for He is glorious!
For more information please see Hallelujah! Sentiment Analysis of the New Testament Here are the 40 hardest verses, excluding verses with negations which are not handled at this point by the algorithm. You can also see Hallelujah! Most positive New Testament verses from sentiment analysis v1
- II Corinthians 11:26: on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers;
- Jude 1:15: to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
- Revelation 8:13: Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice as it flew directly overhead, Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, at the blasts of the other trumpets that the three angels are about to blow!
- II Corinthians 1:6: If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.
- Acts 23:10: And when the dissension became violent, the tribune, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, commanded the soldiers to go down and take him away from among them by force and bring him into the barracks.
- James 4:9: Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
- II Peter 2:6: if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
- II Timothy 3:13: while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
- Matthew 5:22: But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, You fool! will be liable to the hell of fire.
- Matthew 11:21: Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
- Luke 14:21: So the servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house became angry and said to his servant, Go out quickly to the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in the poor and crippled and blind and lame.
- Mark 9:43: And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.
- Revelation 21:8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
- Revelation 13:14: and by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
- I Corinthians 7:32: I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord.
- Luke 3:7: He said therefore to the crowds that came out to be baptized by him, You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
- Acts 25:21: But when Paul had appealed to be kept in custody for the decision of the emperor, I ordered him to be held until I could send him to Caesar.
- Luke 7:24: When John’s messengers had gone, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
- Revelation 11:14: The second woe has passed; behold, the third woe is soon to come.
- Romans 1:29: They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
- Luke 12:5: But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
- Matthew 21:41: They said to him, He will put those wretches to a miserable death and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons.
- Revelation 9:12: The first woe has passed; behold, two woes are still to come.
- Jude 1:23: save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.
- Matthew 8:6: Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, suffering terribly.
- Matthew 2:15: and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, Out of Egypt I called my son.
- II Corinthians 7:10: For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.
- Revelation 18:15: The merchants of these wares, who gained wealth from her, will stand far off, in fear of her torment, weeping and mourning aloud,
- Luke 1:22: And when he came out, he was unable to speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he kept making signs to them and remained mute.
- John 18:40: They cried out again, Not this man, but Barabbas! Now Barabbas was a robber.
- II Corinthians 6:4: but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities,
- Luke 10:30: Jesus replied, A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead.
- Galatians 4:19: my little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you!
- James 1:27: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
- Romans 8:35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
- Revelation 18:10: They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, Alas! Alas! You great city,
- Matthew 23:33: You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?
- II Corinthians 12:10: For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- Matthew 23:15: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.
- Matthew 11:7: As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds concerning John: What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
Praise Jesus, also a rather well selected list of verses in my opinion all glory to God, it is quite a list of hard verses to process. I did not want to call it negative because all the Bible is positive especially for those who love God, just some things are a bit hard to work through, though they can often times be what is most needed for our growth too. Alright if you have any question put them in comments and i hope to upload a project with source code to how these were produced hopefully by the weeks end. The name of the Lord be praised Jesus Christ is coming soon!
Hallelujah, for a description read Hallelujah ! Sentiment Analysis of the New Testament. Some interesting notes at the end 😀 There is also a list of Hallelujah, 40 hardest verses in the Bible according to Sentiment Analisis v.1
- Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- Luke 10:27: And he answered, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
- Mark 12:30: And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
- Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- James 3:17: But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
- Matthew 10:41: The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward.
- Revelation 18:12: cargo of gold, silver, jewels, pearls, fine linen, purple cloth, silk, scarlet cloth, all kinds of scented wood, all kinds of articles of ivory, all kinds of articles of costly wood, bronze, iron and marble,
- Mark 12:33: And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
- III John 1:2: Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
- Ephesians 6:18: praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
- II Peter 1:17: For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,
- I John 4:16: So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
- I Timothy 6:11: But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.
- Titus 2:7: Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,
- Colossians 2:2: that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ,
- II Corinthians 8:7: But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also.
- Colossians 1:10: so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
- I Peter 3:4: but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.
- I Corinthians 13:13: So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- Luke 8:15: As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.
- Matthew 22:37: And he said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Ephesians 6:24: Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.
- I Corinthians 12:23: and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty,
- II Timothy 2:22: So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
- I Timothy 5:17: Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.
- Titus 3:15: All who are with me send greetings to you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all.
- II Corinthians 6:6: by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love;
- Romans 14:6: The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.
- III John 1:12: Demetrius has received a good testimony from everyone, and from the truth itself. We also add our testimony, and you know that our testimony is true.
- Romans 1:17: For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, The righteous shall live by faith.
- II Corinthians 9:8: And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- Acts 3:16: And his name—by faith in his name—has made this man strong whom you see and know, and the faith that is through Jesus has given the man this perfect health in the presence of you all.
- Romans 8:28: And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- Acts 10:38: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
- Titus 2:2: Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.
- Ephesians 2:4: But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
- I Corinthians 8:1: Now concerning food offered to idols: we know that all of us possess knowledge. This knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.
- II Thessalonians 1:11: To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power,
- I John 2:29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.
- Colossians 1:6: which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing—as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth,
I left out two verses that are out of place, one because i am not handling the logic of Beware, and the other because the algorithm does not handle context so while the verse sounds positive it actually isn’t, but i wanted to have the above list that for the most part i think is chosen rather well. The verses left out and their scorings would be (latter verse would not count the former in its numbering). (p.s. There is at least one more verse that is quite out of context above, can you spot it?)
18) Acts 8:10: They all paid attention to him, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the power of God that is called Great. (speaking here of simon the sorceror)
32) Luke 20:46: Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and love greetings in the marketplaces and the best seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at feasts,
Ok list dedicated to my dearly beloved Hannah in Jesus and her family keep her in prayers please and I plan to upload the full list in the future God willing, if any glory, all Glory be to God in Jesus name
God be praised for from His mouth proceeds knowledge and understanding (Proverbs 2:6)
When i was working at Crowdstar i met lots of neat and intelligent people, one guy Ian got me started on R with a perhaps 15 minute overview and i thought a lot of concepts were kind of neat (thanks Ian! and may all thanks be to God!) I finally sat down to try to work at it thinking i wanted to try out some basic twitter sentiment analysis on the Bible. The idea is that, using the ESV2011 version which is available free for personal use in various packages, i output the content with libswords diatheke program with some text formatting manipulations in the shell (bash/zsh). For each ‘line’ i then used ruby-stemmer to steam each word, and grabbed a copy of SentiWordNet (praise God for this!) and also stemmed every word, and created an output file with each line containing only the stemmed words that had some kind of Sentiment data for it. Then again using ruby, a json was created with an array for each line, with all the matching Senti words and scores for each word in the line, the mean of the positive and (hardness) and objectivity (1-(pos+hard)) of all the matching Senti words for each word, and a summation of all the means for the sentence. It is a little less exact for very many words have many meanings and can be verbs or nouns or adjectives at different times, i have not created a dataset to identify the most specific Senti words at this point.
I am thankful to God for part of a course i took on Coursera on Machine learning many years ago which helped me understand some of the basics like stemming. Using R we can quickly analyze the data using jsonlite to create dataframe representations of the data. At this point i am of course a beginner at R, and the json data is not normalized so it is rather large. I want to post what i think are a neat list of the new testaments 40 most positive verses, which i want to dedicate (glory to God) to my dearly beloved Hannah who has gone through a very hard time and could use prayers and hopefully this is encouraging too, and also 40 ‘hardest’ verses in the new testament according to the above simple Sentiment Analysis technique. In the ‘hardest’ verses i removed the negation verses (verses containing Not) as i have not handled negation logic for sentiments yet. I will do so in the future. I also hope to compare analysis of the Bible old testament vs new testament, different books in the Bible, and to other popular works and preachers hoping to not draw too quickly conclusions from it.
God guide us and bless you in Jesus name
God be praised, on today’s Daily Audio Bible reading in 2nd Samuel, after the tragic account of David’s actions, we read the tragic result of the death of their child in 2 Samuel 12:14-31. David certainly seems to have fasted eagerly when his son was alive, but particularly regarding this section what do you think we can gather about fasting or praying for the dead?
17 The elders of his household stood beside him in order to raise him up from the ground, but he was unwilling and would not eat food with them. 18 Then it happened on the seventh day that the child died. And the servants of David were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they said, “Behold, while the child was still alive, we spoke to him and he did not listen to our voice. How then can we tell him that the child is dead, since he might do himself harm!” 19 But when David saw that his servants were whispering together, David perceived that the child was dead; so David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?” And they said, “He is dead.” 20 So David arose from the ground, washed, anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he came into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he came to his own house, and when he requested, they set food before him and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” 22 He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ 23 “But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” NET Bible
It seems evident to me we are not to pray for the dead nor waste our efforts on them once departed except for amazing cases like Lazarus, but clearly not for their deceased state nor eternal outcome. God guide us all and bless you in Jesus name.
Featured image from http://actsapologist.blogspot.com/2015/10/praying-for-dead.html http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9y5e2m73k5U/VbQT3WKRaUI/AAAAAAAAAy8/mIVP5e6BXu8/s400/PrayForDead01.png an article that I am glad it clarified that the prayers are usually not for their eternal outcome however i am in disagreement with it. From above and the rest of Scripture, praying even their deceased state seems to not be an expedient thing to pray for and i do not trust in visions nor tradition to go against how i see that Scripture has laid things out though i am thankful where these help in understanding Scripture at times. I agree instead with the logic presented in this article https://www.gotquestions.org/praying-for-the-dead.html . God guide us and bless you in Jesus name